Facebook Pinterest Instagram Bloglovin' Teachers Pay Teachers Image Map

Ending Your Year in Style with a Class Celebration!

It's hard for me to believe that today is May 19, friends! Coincidentally, that means I only have 19 more days with my precious second graders. Today I want to show you some fun end of the year activities that I am doing to "wrap up" my year with my class.

I just created an End of The Year, Friend Scavenger Hunt which is FREE, yep, F.R.E.E. on TpT! All you have to do is download it, print, laminate if you choose to do so, hang the cards and have your students go hunting!
I hang the cards in places in my room where my students have to really go hunting for them. That is half the fun! The other fun part is that this scavenger hunt is all about connecting with friends. Students will go hunting to ask friends certain questions in order to write their name on their board!
You can choose to print the board in black and white or use the colored version shown here. When I print colored versions of materials, I typically like to stick them in these sleeves so that they can be used over and over again! Ink ain't free, if you know what I'm sayin'.

The other activity I would like to show you for wrapping up your year are creating these countdown chains with your students. Yes, this was a little time consuming and took about 40 minutes for each student to create one, but our room is so colorful, happy, and we feel like such a family when everyone gets to cut a link off each day!
I created a pack that goes along with the classic classroom countdown chain, whether it's a single chain or having your students make their own. You can find it here, called End of The Year Countdown and its filled with a variety of end of the year countdown resources. Some of the items I love the most in this pack are the sticky notes template, journal prompts, and last day of school crowns!

This week I will be putting my End of the Year Countdown pack on sale! If you try it, I would love, love, love to know what you think!

I hope you enjoyed these end of the year ideas and here's a huge round of applause to all of your amazing teachers out there!!!




1 comment:

  1. I love this scavenger hunt! Such a fun end of the year activity! Thanks for sharing!
    Alexis

    Mrs. Hudgens Hears a Who

    ReplyDelete