Facebook Pinterest Instagram Bloglovin' Teachers Pay Teachers Image Map

What I Knew My First Year Teaching {Stephany from Primary Possibilities}




There are a lot of things that you will learn the first year of teaching!  Here are a few tips to help you make the most of your first year...

Don't be afraid to "stop and smell the roses"... or watch the first snowfall of winter with your students.  These are some of the best memories that you will create with your students.  School really isn't all about testing, data, and work.  The moments they will remember the most are ones like these!



Find ways to save prep time any chance you get.  Little things like laminating and reusing timed math fact tests, finding the best time to use the copy machine, or finding efficient ways to grade papers can make your life a lot easier and make your Sunday nights a lot less dreadful!

Plan ahead for days when you may be out.  It is no joke that as a first year teacher you will contract every illness your students bring in.  Preparing for subs is almost as draining as the sickness that you are dealing with.  I started creating sub packets that I could prep ahead of time and that could be used at any time of the year.  This has saved my teammates and me a lot of time and energy on those dreaded sick days. 



You can grab up my sub plans by clicking HERE.... or grab up the bundle by clicking HERE.


I hope you have a great first year of teaching!



No comments:

Post a Comment