Facebook Pinterest Instagram Bloglovin' Teachers Pay Teachers Image Map

What I Wish I Knew my First Year of Teaching {w/ The Super Sparkly Teacher}

Is this your first year? I'm sure you've got plenty on your mind, but I've got some tips for you friend!

happy planner
First and foremost, if you don't have a planner you need to go get one! Like right now! Run!
I don't mean to scare you, but the to-do lists and events are endless! It doesn't have to be a fancy planner, but something that is already dated and can be carried to any and all meetings would be perfect. I've always been a planner girl, but once I began teaching I realized I really needed a place to write due dates, meetings, and school events. I think I would've lost my mind without my little planner. #beorganized

teacher tips

I really wish someone would have told me to go home because what I was trying to accomplish was impossible. I was at school late everyday. I took work home with me every night. I really wish I'd known that all of my lessons did not need to be AMAZING. Jeez, I wish maybe I'd known about Teachers Pay Teachers. Maybe I wouldn't have spent so much time creating new resources.

You, your health, and your relationships are important. Don't forget that the work will get done and if it's not perfect that's okay. If you're going to stay late all the time, pick at least one day to leave early. You need your sanity. #beselfish

teacher tips

I remember feeling the need to fit in or "be professional" my first year. But I taught second grade and I'm a goofy person. It took me a while, but I finally figured out that it was okay to be a silly teacher. I was serious when I needed to be, but in my room I was the "class clown." Go ahead and be yourself! If you're kooky, be kooky! If you're laid-back, go ahead and be chill. Embrace your personality and let it shine through in the classroom. Teachers are unique and have their own personalities, same as our kiddos. Don't forget that you don't have to be or teach exactly like your teammate next door.  #beyourself

This is going to be an amazing year! Remember to stay organized, work hard, but don't lose yourself. Good luck!!!

Big hugs!




SaveSave
SaveSave
SaveSaveSaveSave
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment