Teacher Shopping Finds...and Why I LOVE Amazon Prime


I've always liked shopping online for things but since having my second child, I have grown to appreciate shopping online so much more.  Not having to bundle up 2 kids, put them in the car, stress about keeping them happy and timing around nap times is why I do 90% of my shopping on Amazon Prime. The other 10% is of course Target because scoping out the dollar spot on a regular basis is a must and is thankfully made possible by bribing my 3 year old with popcorn to keep everyone smiling ;)

So how do I use Amazon Prime for teaching supplies?

First, I scope out the Today's Deals section.  There are always some amazing discounts that I can't pass up. As I'm writing this I just had to check out today's offers and here is what I found:

Next, I buy most of the office and art supplies I need too. I love that I can plan a project find what I need and have it at my door within 2 days.  Here are some of my most recent purchases:

Finally, books. Yes, I admit I have a problem with buying WAY too many picture books, but I just can't help myself when shipping is free and so fast!
Also if Amazon wasn't so great at suggesting other books I'd like I probably wouldn't buy so many, but I find a ton of great titles this way! I recently purchased a new copy of The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats and just look at these suggestions:
That first book, A Poem for Peter is absolutely beautiful and a great biography for the primary grades and I never would have found it without Amazon and their suggested book magic.

So if you aren't an Amazon Prime member yet, you really should check it out. It's a small price to pay for free 2 day shipping, tons of great deals and shopping in your jammies at 2AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment