Facebook Pinterest Instagram Bloglovin' Teachers Pay Teachers Image Map

Turkey Time Traditions from The Learning Chambers



One tradition that I'm super thankful for is review games.  I LOVE that they can keep my students active, engaged, and moving around the room.  I mean the wiggles happen even more during this time of year.  Am I right?!?!  Plus, the review games help them practice key skills and that helps me see who needs a little extra help.


I use the review task cards in a few different ways....

The kids favorite way is to use them to play SCOOT.  This year instead of having one card at each desk, I hid them through out the room and let the kids move around to find them.

The math bulletin board was the first place...


Then the bookshelf in our library...


Next to our class schedule looked like a fun place to hid...


Don't worry, some are hidden in some harder to find places!!  I can be sneaky!!  Some of my favorite hiding places are under desks, under chairs, and sometimes on some of our anchor charts.  The kids really love hunting for the scoot cards.


My favorite way to use these review cards is in small groups to help students that need extra practice with a certain skill.  Today, I worked with a group that needed to work on different types of punctuation.  This set of cards was perfect and it was a great way to see who still needed some reteaching after our small group.


If you are interested in grabbing this set of review game cards, you can get them HERE.


I hope that you have a great last couple of days before Thanksgiving break.  Also, I hope your Thanksgiving is full of family, friends, and most of all thankfullness.  Happy Thanksgiving, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment