Facebook Pinterest Instagram Bloglovin' Teachers Pay Teachers Image Map

Turkey Time Traditions {with The McGrew Crew}

Is everyone as excited about this time of year as I am?! This is my absolute favorite time of year and I can not believe it's almost Thanksgiving! I'm going to share a couple of fall crafts our family enjoys, plus a yummy recipe!

Our family loves camping! We have all boys in my house and they LOVE the outdoors and love to collect things! We picked some pine cones on this particular camping trip and decorated them with glue and glitter, added a fun ribbon and put it on our Christmas tree. I love how the glitter sparkles under the tree lights!
This next activity is one we try to do every year...A Thanksgiving Tree. You can easily find some free leaf patterns on Pinterest. We add one thing we are thankful for each day until Thanksgiving and add it to our tree. {See original post HERE}

I also wanted to share my most favorite Fall recipe! Chicken & Dumplings! I know there are so many ways to make this popular dish, so I thought I'd share mine:
Chicken and Dumplings (Crock Pot Recipe)
3-4 chicken breasts
3-4 cups water
1-2 cups milk
1 can (14 oz) chicken broth
2 cans cream of something (celery, potato, chicken, etc.) I usually use celery or potato
3-4 celery stalks chopped
3-4 carrots chopped
1 small onion chopped
Salt and Pepper
Bisquick and Milk for dumplings OR 1 package of refrigerated biscuits

Use a Crock Pot Liner for easy clean-up! Place chicken, carrots, onions and celery in crock pot. Mix water, milk, chicken broth and creams in a bowl then add to the pot. Cook on low for about 6 hours. About 30 minutes before serving turn the slow cooker on high. Remove chicken, shred it and return it to the pot. Add salt and pepper to taste. Pinch off bits of dough and place in pot. Cook about 20 minutes or until they are not raw in the middle!   

*Adjust the ingredients as necessary

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment