Facebook Pinterest Instagram Bloglovin' Teachers Pay Teachers Image Map

Going Green: Teaching the 3 R's

Do you practice going green in your classroom? Do you wish you would? It's so hard to enforce that lovely green-ness that everyone talks about. To tell you the truth, lately there has even been some teacher shaming going on with paper worksheets and what not. I'm not here to say how I use Ipads for everything or have no-paper days because let's face it... those aren't realistic for everyone [and I am still working toward those things!].

What I do want to share today is how to promote the 3 R's in your classroom... 

1. Reduce.
2. Reuse.
3. Recycle.

The 3 R's are realistic goals that all teachers and students can work toward to help keep our Earth clean! 
My class created posters that we hung starting how the students will respect their planet by reducing, reusing, and recycling. The best thing is that you don't have to use this poster just for Earth Day! Feel free to use it if you are studying the planets or even natural resources. 

One other resource that I use to teach about Earth Day is my Lapbook! This helps the kids keep a permanent record (aka lapbook) of all of the things they learned about Earth Day! 
Thanks for stopping by today! If you try out any of these resources, I'd love to hear how they worked for your class! 



No comments:

Post a Comment