Facebook Pinterest Instagram Bloglovin' Teachers Pay Teachers Image Map

Professional Development Books Worth Reading!


Am I the only one who has enjoyed this little series of blog posts about books worth reading?  I seriously try to commit each summer to reading AT LEAST one professional book.  I love the excitement of making changes to my classroom and honing in on what I love to do.  In today's post, I would like to share two of my favorite books.

The first is Guided Math by Laney Sammons.  I read this book last spring as I prepared to change from the special education setting to a general education setting.  I fell in love.  The idea of small groups and math workshop satisfied the special education teacher in me, while still staying on track with grade level standards.  If you teach math, this is a must read.  Even if you don't dive in 100%, there are so many aspects of the concept that are wonderful additions to any math block!

The second book that I would like to share is How to Differentiate in Mixed Ability Classrooms by Carol Ann Tomlinson.  This is a very SHORT read and had me engaged from the beginning.  Let me preface my summary with this....I am a DIFFERENTIATION NERD!!!  This book describes various ways to differentiate within your classroom.  It allowed me to feel confident that some of my classroom practices were spot on and helped me adjust things that weren't so perfect.  I love to pull it out from time to time just to regroup or see if I can take my differentiating to the next level!  For only $16, it is one of the best purchases I've made for myself professionally.


No comments:

Post a Comment