Facebook Pinterest Instagram Bloglovin' Teachers Pay Teachers Image Map

You Think You Know... with Sassy, Savvy, Simple Teaching!

Happy June/Summer Friends~
It's Dianna from Sassy, Savvy, Simple Teaching here with you today!
This month we first shared ideas of great books to read. There are a ton of great reads out there. If you missed that post, click HERE! Secondly this month, we are sharing a little more about ourselves!!!
Just like I find in most female educators, I also love to go shopping, go to the pool, go to the beach, spend time with family & friends, have adventures & trips along with crafts & much more! Probably the most interesting fact about me is that I hold an NCAA Division I College Softball Record. I actually never talk about it or refer to it. In fact all the artifacts of my softball career, including the base in a clear box that made the record, are all up in my attic. 
Here's a picture of me from a school magazine article, I was a left handed slapper...
Not trying to be crazy here, but you shouldn't visit me where I am at! lol! This is just a pit stop in my USMC duty stations... However, I do LOVE North Carolina. I love the mountains & beaches, I love the seasons. I just don't like my spot. I'm a city girl born & raised in NY & FL [we call south NY]. You should however come visit my hometown of Clearwater, FL!!! LOVE the Gulf Coast of FL. Nothing beats it! We are near so many amazing places too, Tampa, St. Petersburg, Orlando & more! We've got, college sports, professional sports, lots of kid & family activities, parks, games, aquariums, I mean everything! Never a dull moment! 

Here's a few snaps of my yearly Spring Break Trip home...
Clearwater Beach, one of the best in the state of Florida & the United States...
Beautiful Spring Water & visiting mermaids at Weeki Wachee...
Uncle time at Bush Gardens...
Feeding the giraffes at Lowery Park Zoo....
I actually don't, to be quite honest I took Early Childcare classes in my high school because we had a Pre-School their for staff in the county. I then knew I wanted to work with children & I never wanted an office job! 
I don't really have any traditions, so to speak. I just have things I do a certain way or at a certain point in the school year. I'm OCD & Type A. 
Find balance & use a timer!!! You use a timer daily in your classroom for your students. Set your phone timer for you. I'm only going to grade papers for 30 minutes, I'm only going to organize for 40 minutes. Set a timer, it always gets done. But your life is important, you need to enjoy it & you can't if you are always spending time in your classroom or bringing loads of items home. Trust me, it works! Set a timer at home too when cleaning or doing chores. 30 minutes a day for me. It's always all done by the end of the week. 

1 comment:

  1. I love looking at photos of your daughter! She is precious! I totally agree with your words of wisdom. I admit, it is soooo hard for me to find balance, but I am working on it! Using a timer is also a great way to keep the kids motivated!
    Melissa from Mrs. Dailey's Classroom

    ReplyDelete