Facebook Pinterest Instagram Bloglovin' Teachers Pay Teachers Image Map

You Think You Know... About Keri from Enchanted Kinder Garden


Hey guys! It's Keri from Enchanted Kinder Garden. I'm bringing you a little bit "more" about me. Let me just say when we discussed having this as a topic, I really wanted some "juicy" stuff. I didn't get that, so no juicy info for you all. I PROMISE to try and get some juicy questions next time.


I had a REALLY hard time coming up with this one. There is so many things that people don't know about me. A few that crossed my mind were my extra shyness, love/hate relationship with driving even though I'm always on the road, or something totally random that I don't even want to mention.

However, I didn't like any of those. I texted one of my guy friends and as soon as I started typing the text, it came to me! I am SUCH a girl. I love dresses. I like to shop. I like to do all of the normal girly things. I'm all about something pink. You get it... however, I am such a DUDE.

*sighs*

I swear I relate more to guys than I do to women sometimes. The thing that you would never guess about me is that I love video games. Like. Seriously. Obsessed.

I am a SERIOUS video game junkie. I don't have as much time as I used to, but if I start playing anything, I'm surely going to waste the day away. I won't go into detail about what I play, but my current love is on the computer. I can still pick up a controller and whoop some major butt in Mario Kart 64.


Is that reason enough?

There isn't much to do in the city that I live in. However, it is SO much to do around me. I live about 30 minutes from Orange Beach, Gulf Shores and a little less than an hour from Pensacola Beach. Life is so much better when you're close to a beach. I live in between Mobile and Gulf Shores.

There is ALWAYS a festival of some sort going on. The Shrimp Festival comes after the school year starts and it's My FAVE! There's always live bands, great food, and tons of things to buy.


Mardi Gras is another reason. They have Mardi Gras parades/celebrations/balls in Mobile, but I prefer New Orleans. It's also nice that we get days built into our school calendar to be off for Mardi Gras. YEP! Living the life down here.

SO. MUCH. FUN! The parades are crazy bananas. They last HOURS. The parades start weeks before Fat Tuesday is even near. This is how much excitement is built up about it.


We even had a Mardi Gras parade at school before! Total craziness.


You should come visit me because I am a good time, duh!!!!! That's the only reason.


Since I started teaching, one thing that I do every single year is either make a memory book or I make a class dvd. This year, I made two dvds. We made an Alphabet one as well. I got the idea from a Youtube video. Mine is NOT this elaborate. We did it all in the last month of school. I'm pretty sure they made each letter as they taught it. Here's what my DVDs look like on the outside.


That's my goal for next year. Here's the inspiration for my video. I just thought it was so stinkin' cute.


I honestly don't really remember. I remember playing school when I was younger. When I got a little older, I wanted to be an obstetrician. What was I thinking?! I went to college and majored in computer information systems. Three years in, I started volunteering at a local school for a few hours a week. I started skipping, ahem, spending more time at the school than I did studying and in my actual courses. After finishing my third year, I knew I needed something different. I changed my major at the end of that semester and started taking classes that summer for Elementary Education. That's pretty much how I knew I wanted to be a teacher.

This isn't really a profession or job to me. It's my life. It's fun. It's exciting and there is rarely a dull moment. I'm happy I was able to figure it out before I finished college with a CIS career and ended up hating it.



Teaching is hard, but just remember why you started. Take the bad days and use them to make the next day a better day. The great thing about teaching is that no one expects you to be perfect. Every day is a day to learn how to be better.





1 comment:

  1. I had to watch that video, as a former Kindergarten teacher. At heart, I still feel like I teach kindergarten when I see those sweet little faces in the hallway! That video seriously had me smiling the whole time!!
    Melissa from Mrs. Dailey's Classroom

    ReplyDelete