Facebook Pinterest Instagram Bloglovin' Teachers Pay Teachers Image Map

You Think You Know...About Jessica from Mrs. Plemons' Kindergarten

For the rest of this month your favorite Elementary Entourage bloggers are sharing some of our secrets with you to help you get to know us a little better. 
I used to be OBSESSED with HGTV before we owned our first home. During college my hubby and I used to binge watch home remodeling shows so we decided on a whim one day to apply.  We never thought in a million years that we'd be picked.  Well fast forward 6 months and we were on our honeymoon... Cruising through the Caribbean.  Lee pulls out his phone to check his messages for the first time in several days and he turns to me and says "you'll never guess who that message was from...HGTV and they want to fly out and interview us for the show Hidden Potential" Well long story short, we were chosen to be on the show and here is a super embarrassing clip for your enjoyment.
I bet you can't wait to come out to see that amazing home that we bought and remodeled here in Milwaukee right? Well we actually never bought that house, and we live in a suburb of Milwaukee now, oops! But you should still come to visit the Milwaukee area because there is SOOO much to do! Just ask our EE bloggers Melissa and Brittany they are actually here visiting me right now :)
Here are some of my favorites:
1. The Milwaukee Zoo - I've always loved our zoo but now with a 1 year old we are there on a weekly basis.
2. Miller Park - Tailgating and Brewers games make for amazing fun all summer long!
3. Summerfest - Did you know we host the world's largest music festival here in Milwaukee? Come on up here and check out an amazing week and a half with over 800 acts on 11 stages all for one super low price!
When I was in first grade I had the sweetest teacher ever and I remember feeling like she was a second mom.  I loved going to school. I remember feeling like she truly loved me and I knew I wanted everyone to have her for a teacher because in my little first grade mind she was just amazing.  I think that was the first time I really felt like I knew I wanted to be a teacher.
One thing I loved about teaching kindergarten was the magic and excitement of the holidays. In our school I was lucky that we were allowed to celebrate holidays. My favorite day every year was our Polar Express Pajama Party.  I always hold it the day before Christmas break. The kids all come in their cute little footsie pajamas. I set the chairs up in a train,we drink hot chocolate while we listen to the book on CD and then the kids find out that there are magic bells under each of their chairs when I "trip" over one of the chairs and it starts to jingle.  Then we finish the day out watching the movie and relaxing our way into a little vacation.

I love teaching and motivational quotes and I try to post some of my favorites on instagram each Monday with the #mymondaymotivator. Here are just a few of my favorite words of wisdom related to teaching with more to come soon!  





10 comments:

  1. I, too, live in Wisconsin! I love traveling and seeing new places but Wisconsin is home! I will be visiting Miller Park next week. It is still a fun place even though they can't seem to win many games this year! Love your blog!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! Still not juicy enough to for me lol, but I'll take it! I loved the video. I would have never guessed that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks girl! Maybe you'll find out all my secrets in Vegas!

      Delete
  3. I think I actually saw your episode before haha!!! Anytime you want to meet up at the zoo, let me know. We have a zoo pass and head there often too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the video!!! You are famous!! I hear awesome things about Milwaukee and want to come visit - I'll have to give you a call. :). I like your quote from Todd Whitaker - I know him! He was my professor in grad school and his wife was my professor in undergrad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG that video is so embarrasing, I HATE seeing myself on video!

      Delete
  5. Wow! I had no idea you were a HGTV star!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I wouldn't say star, but I was pretty amazed that I found the clip on You Tube, LOL!

      Delete