Facebook Pinterest Instagram Bloglovin' Teachers Pay Teachers Image Map

You Think You Know... About Melissa from Mrs. Dailey's Classroom

Hey, Friends! I am so excited this week because it is my first week of summer break and I get to share secrets about myself so you can get to know me a little better! I'm not sure how juicy these little fun facts will be, but I'm happy that you will get to know me a little better. 
{Me as a toddler}

I used to not be an "animal lover." That's not to say I didn't like animals, I just was never quite the obsessed dog lover that I am today. Ok, so maybe I am just obsessed with my own fur baby - if any of you know me, I am pretty smitten with Shilah, my husky!
Besides getting to meet Shilah in person, you would love coming to Pennsylvania for a few reasons!

1. You can visit Hershey, Pennsylvania and score some great sweet treats like a Hersey Bar.
2. Our largest city, Philadelphia, is filled with fun things to do like go to a Phillies game or grab a Philly cheesesteak.
3. We have a pretty fun kid's amusement park called, Dutch Wonderland.
I can't believe that I cannot remember this! I don't think I had an "aha moment" where I thought, "I am definitely going to be a teacher." I do remember when I was getting ready to go to college, I knew I wanted to study to be a teacher. 
I always take photos of my students on the first and last day of school. I love, love, love photos and I put a photo in my student's report cards every quarter. 
{My Sneak a Peek Photo Chair}
Our school has "Sneak a Peek" where the students come in a few days before school starts to meet the teacher. It's a really fun time where the students, parents and I can meet for a few minutes before we kick off the year!
Be yourself! I do my best to build a classroom community where my kids know some real sides of me....like....getting to know my sense of humor and get to hear about my family. I show them funny pictures (like this one below) where they feel like they know me! Then my students open up to me and we build a real classroom family. 

6 comments:

  1. I am totally coming to visit you one day!!!!! Shilah and Justin will have to make room for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course we would make room for you! We have a guest bedroom and a furnished basement! You tell me the date!

      Delete
  2. I would LOVE to visit!! I also like how you put a picture in your child's report card each quarter. Too adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kelsey! The parents have been loving it and it gives me some extra practice with my second passion (photography!!).

      Delete